Wednesday, August 15, 2012

tool # 10 1.Students need to be aware that they have a responsibility to use technology in a safe way not only for themselves but for others too. Sometimes they put something on the internet without thinking of the repurcussions. I liked " Common Sense " because it has several videos addressing the different problems a person can inadvertently create. http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/Teens.aspx 2. Students should be aware that colleges, universities, and future employers search the internet for a student's information. Any questionable post might make a difference whether the student gets accepted in his or her college of choice or whether he or she gets a job. 3. Students need to be aware that there are tremendous amounts of information and opportunities to link with the outside world and that this can be a positive learning experience. I would teach digital citizenship to my students in small increments with videos, class discussions and self reflection. Parents have a district form they need to sign giving permission to their son or daughter to use technology. If my classes will be doing a project that I feel might generate some parental concerns, I will send a letter home or if it is just one or two parents expressing concern, a phone call or a parent conference would be my choice of addressing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment